We now have just 5 days to get the bedroom ready to be finished with carpet this Thursday! This weekend we have been working hard on the list to get things either done/
- Paint the surround around the wardrobe
- Add handles
All the handles are now added to the drawers and doors and look amazing, and with the handles added we can actually add our clothes to the wardrobes and finally start clearing the box room and living room which has been stacked to the ceiling with the entire contents of our bedrooms.
- Re-fit one wardrobe door
The wardrobe door to the far left was sitting a little proud and needed adjusting so that it was able to close properly. This is now done and so the wardrobes are complete and ready to be filled.
- Paint the ceiling - There are a few pit holes and bumps in the ceiling that need filling and preparing before this is painted and this is the plan for this evening to get the ceiling painted before the carpet goes in.
- paint the walls - Where we had painted sample colours on the wall we were struggling to cover these with the new wall colour that we had chosen and even though we painted the test patches in white first these were still grinning through the paint. Both walls have now had second coats of paint and the walls are now well covered and complete.
- Complete the electrics, adding wall lights, sockets, and light switches - Our electrician is booked to come around Tuesday night to tick this job off the list.
- add skirting around the room - Now the walls are painted the skirting can be added and painted, we just need to squeeze this job in and get painted before Thursday.
- fit the radiator back on the wall - This is a quick job and can be completed now that the walls are painted.
- paint the dressing table and fit - We originally had plans to wallpaper the dresser with the same paper that lines the inside of the wardrobes but as this area will be used it needs to be a bit stronger and have a protective coating so we need to research whether we can use glass or a vinyl wrap to seal the paper on the unit.
There's a fair amount of work to do before Thursday which means we both need to work hard each evening to get this all done but hopefully by the weekend we will be able to finally sleep in our wonderful new bedroom.
Considering we have been in the house nearly 2 years it's been a long time coming having a bedroom fit for our needs and moving from one room to the next and back in between taking out walls and gutting rooms has been incredibly hard. I can't wait to see everything come together. Gutting the room has been a strain on us both as we've had clothes in the living room, chest of drawers on the landing and endless deliveries of doors, hinges and materials stock piled in the living room. Getting the room complete not only gives us the bedroom we dreamed of but once complete it gives us back a lot of space that's currently getting very very annoying.